Monday 21 March 2011

Chistopher Kane

I've had a stack of magazines on my bedroom floor for weeks and my aim is to get through them all this week. The first one I picked up was Februarys issue of Vogue and the first thing I turned to was 'When Alexa Met Christopher Kane'. I loved the article she wrote 'When Alexa Met Karl Largerfeld', but I thought Karl came across really badly so I was intrigued to read about Kane. However Alexa has done a brilliant job and I now think Kane is even more intiguing than he already was, and I love how he won the BFC/Vogue Designer Fashion Award this year. Heres some of my faves from Kane:

(Images from style.com)

Christopher Kane LOVES neon. This is his first collection in Spring/Summer 2007 and definitely made everyone go wow, and that wasn't just at the colour of the dresses!

 
Kane doesn't like designing clothes for everybody to like. He wants people to either love them or hate them by provoking them or testing boundaries. This is seen in the leather loving Autumn/Winter 2007.

Spring/Summer 2009

These designs and patterns are beautiful in the Resort 2010 collection.


We will never forget the giant gingham check in Spring/Summer 2010.

And who knows what will come next from Kane?

Enjoy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment