Saturday 21 July 2012

tramlines

Now that I am back in the glorious Sheffield, I just can't shake this festival feeling. Therefore today was spent on Devonshire Green in Sheffield enjoying the yearly free music festival Tramlines. Despite the awful weather we have been having this week, as soon as Tramlines begins the sun always comes out. With cheap food and lots of drink offers, every bar in the city gets involved in the festival, it was the perfect way to spend my final weekend of freedom but I hit full time employment that the rest of my summer seems to be.

The line-up today included Hey Sholay, which we arrived just in time to hear the end of their set, Clock Opera, Charli XCX, Chew Lips, Ms Dynamite and Roots Manuva. Not gonna lie, don't know who half these people were that were playing and there were a few times when I wasn't quite sure who was actually on stage but just the fact that it was sunny and I was listening to music pleased me. It was such a good atmosphere and it was nice to see the whole city come together to celebrate the best music both Sheffield and the country has to offer. 

I would have loved to hang around to see Ms Dynamite play, even if it was just to hear her sing Ms Dy-Na-Mi-Tee!! But unfortunately we had to leave before she came on stage.

Just for old times!

 
My lovely friends Jenny and Katy


I wore a black and white splattered body from Urban Outfitters and forest green jeans from French Connection. Bag is from River Island. I was going for the casual festival look, as of course we are in Britain and there is no 30 degree heat outside. I of course accessorised with the best summer drink: cider and black!!

Tramlines in on the entire weekend, so if your in Sheffield town centre tomorrow, it is worth checking out.

Enjoy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment