Friday 25 April 2014

make-up essentials

Having never considered a role in beauty, I am currently working within the beauty team at Purple PR and I love it! When I started I was given these products to try and they have quickly become my beauty essentials.


Having been on a tight budget at university, make-up was one of the things I always resented spending lots of money on, but my opinion has definitely changed since working at Purple. It is worth spending that little bit extra on decent make-up as it really does make a difference. I've had so many more compliments on my make-up since I have begun to consider the make-up and brands that I use. 

These products were always the type of products that I felt weren't really a necessity for my make-up bag, but I couldn't live without them any more - and I'm not just saying that because I work for Laura Mercier!


I have never used primer in my life, but I have to say it's a must have! I'm currently using this Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. I am now desperate to try the new foundation primer in Radiance Bronze to give my skin that added glow - this will be perfect in the summer when used with a little tinted moisturiser. 



The High Coverage Under Eye Concealer (available this summer) hides all the black circles around my eyes on a Monday morning. It has a very thick texture so you only need to use a little and I would recommend using a shade slightly lighter than your foundation - I use shade 1 - as it really brightens up your eyes. 



Last, but not least are these highlighters. These have been a godsend; where have I been and why haven't I used a highlighter before!? They instantly brighten up my face and give my a perfect glow for the day. I prefer to use the powder on a daily basis. I blend it in with my bronzer to create a contouring effect. However, for evening I use the highlighter pen as it gives a dewy look and really emphasises the cheek bones. 


This is the final look, I would love to know what you think or if you have tried any of these products yourself! I may be pretty new to the beauty scene, but I really don't know how I have lived so long without these staple beauty items!

No comments:

Post a Comment