Monday 11 July 2011

Vauxhall Fashion Scout

It was announced today that Central Saint Martins fashion duo Sam Leutton and Jenny Postle, now to be known collectively as Leutton Postle, have been awarded this seasons Vauxhall Fashion Scout Merit Award. The prize is a sponsored catwalk show and exhibition space at Vauxhall Fashion Scout during London and Paris Fashion Weeks S/S12. The designers aim to create 'unique and new knitwear with a couture quailty'. Take a look at Jenny Postle's MA collection:

I don't know what you think about this particular collection, but I thought it was very repetitive. Each look just seemed the same as the last one. Don't get me wrong, I love the use of texture and the clever mix of fabrics, i think this particular aspect is very innovative, however I'm not sure if this would have been my personal choice for the winner. Maybe I will be proved wrong and the pair will produce a spectacular collection next season, but we'll just have to wait and see. What do you think?

If you want to read more about the winners or see more images click here.
Enjoy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment