Monday 25 July 2011

Tramlines

Tramlines is a free festival they put on in my home town of Sheffield every year and I finally got round to checking it out this year. They have the main stage where they stage some bigger named acts, I got to see the Futureheads play (who were actually a lot better than I expected) but over the weekend it also saw Pixie Lott, Rizzle Kicks and Olly Murs, just to name a few. I also discovered my new favourite band here, The Crookes:

The Crookes - Backstreet Lovers

Then there is a smaller stage where up and coming bands play. But as well as this almost every bar in sheffield hosts smaller, more local bands and DJs and lots of the clubs are free entry for the weekend so its good to make the most of it. I got to see a pretty good DJ called Sci-Fi Kid in a bar called the Common Room. Heres a couple of photos from the weekend (sorry for the lack of them, I forgot my camera!):

My friend Fran and myself at the festival.

The Crookes at Tramlines

Enjoy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment