Tuesday 11 September 2012

happy birthday

So this weekend saw the birthdays of two of my closest friends Jenny and Katy - click on their names to see their blogs. However this wasn't just any birthday this was the big 2-1, which of course meant for lots of celebrations. It all began on Thursday with Jen's legendary white chocolate and red current cake. This cake makes an appearance every year on 6th September and I promise you, you will never have tasted anything better! The afternoon was spent lounging in the sunshine and taking silly photos with Jen's new amazing camera lens. Most of these photos of courtesy of Jenny.


A couple of pimms later and the celebrations continued into the night. 


I thought this was the perfect occasion to attempt to curl my hair with rollers for the first time. I wouldn't say it necessarily went curly, it seemed to just add volume but I can't promise I put them in right. Let's just say lots more practice is needed!
I wore my black silk vest top from French Connection and THE American Apparel Disco Pants. I have worn them on every possible occasion since I have got them; I think I'm in love! I accessorised with a black and gold Aztec necklace from Primark and my trust black wedges.


With Katy's birthday being 4 days later on the Monday, it only seemed fit for Jen and Katy to have a joint party for friends and family on the Saturday. This turned out to be such a lovely evening, catching up with friends I hadn't seen for months. It was the first time this summer all 11 of us had been in the same place at the same time, yet it was like we had never been apart.


I wore a Topshop floral dress with my favourite Topshop heels, which only ever make an appearance when I know I will be sat down for most of the evening as they are VERY painful!

Yesterday, saw Katy turn 21 and after all the partying of the weekend it was nice to do something a bit different, so we relived our childhood and went bowling. As I am still a big kid I demanded that the barriers were up and I won; well the first round anyway! The barriers weren't allowed in round two and I lost. However the evening was so much fun!


The entire weekend has been the best and I hope Jenny and Katy had as much fun as I did. Happy 21st girls! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment