Monday 5 September 2011

a la mode

writing my blog at london fashion week has always been my ultimate dream, so winning this blogging competition by LGN events, to write at their ‘a la mode’ fashion show, would give me the perfect opportunity to sit on that front row.
nana’s closet
i can't believe this is the first time i have come across this brand. the clothes are stunning. egyptian based designer dina said takes inspiration for her collections from treasures she has found in her grandmas closet. her collections are full of sparkle and embellishment and embody femininity from the luxurious fabric used to the beautiful cuts of the garments. with the odd splash of colour and some intricate cut-out detail, creating a distinct tribal vibe, this is brand is just beautiful. take a look for yourself:


anniss

polish born designer received a phenomenal response to her first ever women's wear collection and has since grown from strength to strength. it was her menswear that first caught my eye, but since researching into the designer, her womenswear in just as exciting. i love the military feel to all her designs and the quirkiness of her first women's collection; from the model to the clothes themselves, see below. 


malgotzata dudek
another polish born designer, malgotzata's inspiration is a mix between her appreciation for nature and harmony crossed between a longing for all things colourful and outside the norm. i love the dark edginess of her collections with a pop of colour creating a vibrant contrast. along with this use of colour, dudek uses intriguing shaped garments to create some absolutely stunning collections.


i hope you all at LGN enjoy my blog and the designers i have chosen to write about and get me one step closer to reaching my dream goal.
thankyou xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky, you ok? So, glad someone applied for this competition from my facebook post! Not sure why everyone isn't having a bash. I missed Malgotzata Dudek but love the clothing!

    Hollie X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, im very good thankyou, how are you? I know, it looked like a great competition! Yeh I love some of malgotzata dudek's work!

    xx

    ReplyDelete